Thursday, April 1, 2010

Paper Clip Rationing Causes New Salon Venture



Wow..so it's been a while since I wrote something on here. There is so much to talk about I don't even know where to begin. Well, I quit my job at Binder & Binder yesterday. After drafting many furious resignation letters, I decided to be semi-professional and sent them this:

To Whom It May Concern:

This letter is to formally announce my resignation from Binder & Binder. I believe the work environment at Binder & Binder is not congruent with my personality. I provide excellent service to your clients, I excel in making relationships with people, and I truly enjoy being productive and managing my case load. The stifling atmosphere is more than I can manage on a daily basis. Please consider this a notice of my immediate resignation. Best of luck in the future.

Sincerely,
Heather Dykstra



My leaving was certainly for the best. On my last day there I was told by someone in management that I was not allowed to speak to other employees. I replied with "I am almost 35 years old and I will speak whenever I want". I think i'm just not cut out for office life...or law...or air that doesn't circulate, or paper cuts, or paper clip rationing, or supervisors referring to themselves as "deputies". Deputies of what? I don't know. I'm just glad that horrible nightmare is over. Please someone throw my friend Jesha a great job opportunity, so she can tell those people to go fly a kite (while holding a metal rod). I mean isn't she cute ...just look at us here:

Soooo...I have been working on building my hair clientèle, so I could start working as a stylist again full time. My dear friend Carolina and I put our 2 brilliant cabesas together and are making this shit happen. Salon Zero opens this Saturday!! I am so excited about this I can hardly contain myself. It's a small 2 chair salon, but perfect for us to make magic happen. We are both undercover hippies and really want to make the salon a sustainable environment. You can read about our color line Organic Color Systems and about how wonderful we are on our website:


or call me for an appointment
813-541-3550


No comments:

Post a Comment